Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Toddler Always Seems To Be Thirsty

streetlights.


Me, I do not cry.
It's been talking about for months, weeks that equips. There is controversy about the intelligence of such a project at home. Because that even if it is supported, it cost a leg. And you can always add stuff last minute. A case example. An extra warm jumper. Nothing nothing nothing, it ends up weighing. But
.
It's been days since you do not want more, do you dream, you already know your room-mates.
Yesterday I found a new emergency cap, because you forgot yours at school. And sunscreen.
Me, I do not cry.
When you went to school the first time, I did not cry. I think I was too exhausted to realize your abandon in a class with strangers. The radio has
called at five o'clock this morning. I put my things and went on tiptoe into your room where there were also your brother and sister. I've
caressed his cheek, you do not react. I gave your name, you've jumped around my arms, you were quick as ever to get dressed.
I took your shoes, you ate cereal, grapefruit, I woke your father a kiss.
It was at this time.
5:45. I still shudder.
We were not the last nor the first, given the already full compartment. I learned at the same time, we can carry while dressing her in a suitcase on wheels. But a big one. I thought, but what did I have forgotten? I always forget something, given the size of the cabinets in the hold.
A thought for the adult or child who is going to drag it behind him. A thought for you, if I forgot to put something essential.
Me, I do not cry.
There were moms, dads. You got on the bus, which was light itself. The lights, the heartbeat of time. Engine noise, ready.
Starboard, third. You did a hand signal, huddled in your cap in the pink jacket.
I do not not cry.
He did not leave the bus.
I heard mothers crying. Laughing. It sniffed. I saw children on the bus, wiping his eyes. We
, we were strong, we smiled.
Because me, I do not cry. And you do like me.
And the damn car that did not leave.
Finally, the director said, do not worry, we'll keep you posted, some are answered, we hope so ... The door slammed shut.
I made you cuckoo, You make me cuckoo. All children were
cuckoo.
The streetlights have sizzled.
The mass was white as shaken. He started down the street. On the other
side of the road, because this gesture revealed united parents as a single parent, raised his arm to salute you, parents who are losing their child.
a time when the streetlights come on, you left for the country of White Mountains.
Me, I never cried.

0 comments:

Post a Comment