Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mera Naamjoker Hot Scene

Book Fair Montmorillon 2010 - Step by Step.

Like every other year since 2004, the city of my town asked me to produce the poster for the book fair. This year I wanted to do something a bit fantastic as the previous two.
Since these dates, 20 years of living, 10 years City of Writing, I concentrated on reading the book, the passage of time, generations.
So I proposed the following model, the first sketch ...

then colorized model quickly, with composition of text:



Here, a simple image on reading, the passage of time, generations, the oldest all is a wise oak multi-centennial.
The model has been pleased with the exception of the banner at the bottom, and text changes are expected.

I can therefore proceed to the detailed embodiment of the image.

Hop a sketch work again, based on the old sketches printed light blue (like all the text component is already made, should the same arrangement of elements in the image.



Then I scanned this sketch for the print light blue on two A3 drawing paper to go to the inking. I usually do that you almost felt brush-Pintel, but this time I wanted to make the pen and brush and ink china true. This is to make small buttons with white ink Rotring pen or brush, which is not possible on the ink too thin and "gray" from Pentel, the paper drink white ink . While the ink china is a thick film on which the white ink is fixed.




Start Inking:




Well, the inking is complete, digitized, after several hours of work especially the foliage yet ultimately serves only to support the text. But it's like that, I like to sweat on unnecessary details.
Seriously, you learn things every time I do not think like that make me the next time (but I say this every time :-)).
I prepared lots of little stalls around Cross to allow the wash to superimpose black and white as I often do to provide materials, grain.


Here is this gray layer washed:





The here superimposed on the ink, each layer with its own transparency properties.


following step of laying flat washes colors to delineate all areas. For that I am using a copy of the inking, so I narrowed the line, so that selections are always clean and pass below the actual inking. As the job is done at actual size, 40x60 cm at 300 dpi, there is enough margin to avoid creating defects selections.


Areas color selection is made, I can spend the actual coloring, assign colors to gray wash according to the hue that lies below (crimson tint to the skin, etc. ..).

Still, when we see it all superimposed (below) at a time can be made of a doubt, is what it will really give something?
The wash is not meant to be a final texture, it will be part of the design, sometimes almost invisible, but there nonetheless. Anyway I hesitate not to turn in large part if necessary.




Then last step shown here, the black ink of the "grilled".
It involves all the ink stain has been very responsible in this way to give much detail, but not to stay black. Only the main outlines, drawn thicker remain black.
It gives one side more "illustrated" softer. Same as the other examples, it is only to demonstrate a technique, the colors are not chosen by taste but to be clearly visible.



Well, I have no pictures of the result of the realization which consists only of constant replacement of colors, brush strokes. I mainly added some shadows and light on a separate layer in "overlay".
The final image is in the following post.



0 comments:

Post a Comment